Thursday, February 19, 2009

Waiting...

Waiting…
A poem for Ahmong
This is the last thing I would want to do
But here I am still waiting for you
Over the years it had not been easy
Being alone is now more of a company

My life has had only four seasons a year
Its like eight months of winter when your miles away
And far from my reach
It’s a week of fall when I receive your long distance calls
Two months of autumn when you return to your home
But still far from my arms
And a month of summer when your here with me

Tears are good at times
It washes away the loneliness inside
It’s been three years of long wait and another two years more you say
Since the last time you proposed your love
I’m trying my best to take care of our love
But it’s really been hard

Uncertainties cloud my mind and realities open my eyes
I don’t like what I see
But I couldn't stop believing

They say I might have been born in the wrong century
I say waiting would have been easy during the World War II
War was a wall that kept lovers apart
Now it’s your obligation to your family that’s been a battle

Wish you could stand up for me and fight for our love
But as for now…
It may make no sense at all
One more year I say
Not sure how long I will keep saying this after every year.

Tell me…
How do you stop waiting?
When it’s been like a hobby
How do I ever stop believing?

-Eloisa-

No comments: